- Fermentation temperature, gravity and outdoor temperature (CSV, 792 bytes)
- Recipe BeerXML (XML, 13 kb)
Rhapsody Pils v1
|BJCP Style||Bohemian Pilsner - 2B|
|Profile||Aroma: Rich with complex malt and a spicy, floral Saaz hop bouquet. Some pleasant, restrained diacetyl is acceptable, but need not be present. Otherwise clean, with no fruity esters.|
Appearance: Very pale gold to deep burnished gold, brilliant to very clear, with a dense, long-lasting, creamy white head.
Flavor: Rich, complex maltiness combined with a pronounced yet soft and rounded bitterness and spicy flavor from Saaz hops. Some diacetyl is acceptable, but need not be present. Bitterness is prominent but never harsh, and does not linger. The aftertaste is balanced between malt and hops. Clean, no fruity esters.
Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied (although diacetyl, if present, may make it seem medium-full), medium carbonation.
|Batch Size||12.0 L|
|Mash||64.0° for 75.0 min|
|Boil Time||60.0 min|
|OG||1.046 SG (Est. 1.050 SG)|
|FG||1.005 SG (Est. 1.009 SG)|
|ABV||5.4 % (Est. 5.4 %)|
|Std drinks||1.4 per 330ml stubby|
3.2 per 750ml longneck
1.2 per middy
1.8 per schooner
|Name||Amount||Colour||% of Grain|
|Gladfield Pilsner Malt||2.40 kg||3.8 EBC||96 %|
|Cara-Pils/Dextrine||0.10 kg||3.9 EBC||4 %|
|Total grain bill||2.5 kg||-||-|
|Saaz||55.97 g||40.0 mins||Boil||3.5%|
|Saaz||10.76 g||0.0 mins||Boil||3.5%|
|Total hops||66.74 g||-||-||-|
|S-23 - SafLager West European Lager||DCL/Fermentis||Lager||73.5 %||7.8 C - 10.0 C|
24/03/19 Brew day
26/03/19 Pitched yeast @ 12deg
@12deg until ~1.022 (4-14 days)
Diacetyl rest 01/04/19 @18
@18deg until FG reached (~4-10 days).
@0deg for 3-5 days.
Desired CO2 = 5.3g/lt = 74g sugar
11/04/19 Bottled, 74g sugar
-11x 750ml Longecks
-1x 330ml stubbie
-1x 250ml throwdown
=9L, racked to secondary, no sediment
- Outside temperature data obtained from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology's Daily Weather Observations page for the ACT, specifically the data is for Tuggeranong.
- Recipe icons courtesy of the The BeerSmith Icon Enhancement & Revision (BIER) Add-On by Zemba Craftworks.
- Standard drink formula from Spirits & Cocktails Australia.